HOLIDAY ADVENT SHOW
One artwork will be selected and revealed on the website every day
starting December 1st until December 24th, 2023 ending in a group show of the best 24 artworks.
This is a complimentary, juried contest and exhibition.
The subject matter is the choice of the artist. The work does not have to be holiday-themed.
Artists will also be entered into a draw to win 1 of 10 Free-Entry Vouchers.
DEADLINE: THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 30TH 2023
ENTRY TERMS AND GUIDELINES
- must be 18 years or older
- can be emerging or established
- must be able to communicate in English or Spanish
- FREE - one artwork per artist is permitted for free- optional
- $20 US for additional 1-2 artworks (artists can submit as many times as desired - there isn’t a limit)
- entry fees are NOT REFUNDABLE (even if made in error) and DO NOT guarantee entry into the show
- only 1 artwork and 1 frontal viewpoint per artwork is permitted
- cannot exceed 2MB
- in jpg format
- files must be labelled as LAST NAME-Title of art.jpg (example: SMITH-Sunset.jpg)
- cropped to show only the artwork -- frames, mat, extraneous background,
watermarks and other printed information are unacceptable
- must be clear and without glare
- only 2-dimensional artwork is eligible
- works done by hand such as paintings and drawings are eligible
- photography, digital, mixed-media, print work and collage are eligible
- sculpture, crafts, jewellery, fabric art and similar media are ineligible
- video and sound art are ineligible
- December 1st to December 17th - Official Selections in random order
- December 18th to December 20th - 7th to 5th place CRYSTAL SNOWFLAKES AWARDS
- December 21st - 4th place EMERALD SNOWFLAKE AWARD
- December 22nd - 3rd place RUBY SNOWFLAKE AWARD
- December 23rd - 2nd place SAPPHIRE SNOWFLAKE AWARD
- December 24th - 1st place DIAMOND SNOWFLAKE AWARD
- all 24 artists receive a digital Award Certificate and top winners also receive a special,
digital Award Page announcing the news, which is ideal for use in portfolios,
websites, clientele newsletters and social media.
(recommended but not required)
- maximum 150 words
An artist statement is written in the first person and explains the artist’s purpose
and inspiration for his or her overall practice or for the pieces submitted.
It does NOT give the life story of the artist - that is a biography.
- will not be a factor during the jurying process but will be used in Award Pages for the top winners
- will be edited if they surpass the word limit or if they are structurally and/or grammatically incorrect
Gallery Ring looks for originality, mastery of medium, strong overall design and composition
and a solid, arresting impression and intention in each artwork.
-It is the responsibility of artists to monitor the show daily to see results.
-Only official selections and winners will receive email notifications
(which will contain their certificates and/or Award Pages) after the show is complete.
-Only winners of the draw will be notified.
Artwork does not have to be for sale.
Gallery Ring does not handle sales of art or take a commission but will direct inquiries to the artist.
Upon submission, artists will automatically be added to Gallery Ring’s email list
and will receive future announcements and newsletters.
If the artist prefers not to be on this list, the artist can email Gallery Ring and be removed.
- once the submission deadline has been reached, no image substitutions or changes will be permitted
- all artwork must be original and not done with help from teachers or be copied from work by other artists or photographers
- artwork that's offensive, violent, vulgar, distasteful or negative in any way against humans or animals is unacceptable
- artwork that is political is unacceptable
- artwork must not have been previously shown on this site
- all decisions regarding exhibitions and winners are final
- all selected artwork must remain in the exhibition for the entire duration - early withdrawals are not permitted
- artists' contact information will not be shared with external parties or groups
- Gallery Ring reserves the right to cancel, extend or change deadline or exhibition dates or content at any time
By submitting above, the artist who has his or her artwork selected for an exhibition agrees that Gallery Ring is granted usage of the artwork for display, promotion, marketing, email newsletters, press releases and for use on the Gallery Ring website and Instagram. The artist's name will be displayed with the artwork. The artwork and artist's name will also be archived on this site and will be available for public view. The artist maintains all copyrights of the images of artworks. Images will not be resold, copied, exchanged or downloaded from this site.
FIRST ARTWORK IS FREE
**IF YOU ARE SUBMITTING MORE THAN ONE ARTWORK
PLEASE PROCEED WITH PAYMENT BELOW**